18 Mar Property Supervisor
We are a Santa Monica based, non-profit organization committed to developing and managing affordable housing. We are seeking to immediately hire a Property Supervisor. We own and manage over 1,800 units of rental housing located within the City of Santa Monica. The organization is fully integrated with housing development, property management, a maintenance staff, and resident services.
The Property Supervisor is responsible for the operation and management of approximately 550 affordable housing units in Santa Monica. Property Supervisors must have a solid understanding of financial, legal and regulatory matters related to multi-family housing. They must also have strong communication and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with our staff and tenants.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Supervise on-site Resident Managers, including participating in hiring, firing, supervision, discipline, training and performance evaluations.
- Enforcement of the lease provisions, including handling and addressing any concerns, issues or breaches of the lease provisions.
- Work with management to implement steps and ensure compliance with all laws including Fair Housing, California statues and local rent control.
- Review & approve new move-in files
- Review & approve annual income recertification’s
- Assist and help prepare for audits by funding agencies
- Oversee the organization of applicant and tenant files to ensure timely completion of all steps in the leasing and/or recertification process: HOME and TCAC
- Analyze issues and concerns related to the operation and management of housing units and provide recommendations to management to improve and/or handle issues that arise.
- Work effectively with Maintenance and other Property Management staff to handle all issues that arise in the operation and maintenance of housing units.
- Be responsive and provide excellent customer service.
- Follow up on work orders and deferred maintenance.
- Prepare timely and accurate reports.
- Process and track rental payments, including late payments.
- Process move-outs.
- Conduct Property Inspections.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of TCAC regulations, Fair Housing laws, relevant California statutes and local rent control ordinances
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good math skills and the ability to prepare property budgets
- Must exercise good judgment and discretion when interacting with tenants, in compliance with Fair housing and other applicable requirements
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Yardi experience preferred
Education and Experience
A high school diploma/GED or some college preferred. A minimum of 5-years’ experience in property management, or in a closely related field. Must have managed numerous affordable housing developments with multiple layers of financing. Must have knowledge of Fair Housing laws, relevant California statues and local rent control ordinances.
The Property Supervisor will be responsible for hiring, training, supervising and evaluating a team of Resident Managers.
This position requires daily use of office equipment and inspecting properties on a regular basis. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
The essential responsibilities of this position are performed in a busy office environment and the employee must be able to keep focused in an environment with interruptions and distractions. The employee will also be exposed to outdoor elements while walking properties on a frequent basis.
Regular car travel in Santa Monica primarily to visit properties in our property portfolio. Infrequent travel outside of Los Angeles County by car or airplane for trainings, meetings and conferences.
Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and insurance as required by law.
Benefits & Compensation:
We offer compensation based on experience. We work a 9/80 schedule with every other Friday off. Benefits include medical, dental and life insurance, as well as paid holidays, sick and 4 weeks’ vacation. All new hire must successfully pass a background check.
For PDF of position description please click here
Community Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer